Watching movies or listening to music on multiple Bluetooth speakers are definitely fun but a lot of people don’t know How to connect multiple Bluetooth Speakers at Once If you are one of them, here’s your answer.
So, How to connect multiple Bluetooth Speakers at Once?
To connect multiple Bluetooth speakers at once, you can:
- Use the “Advanced” feature on Samsung Phone.
- Use Brand’s official apps.
- Install AmpMe app
- Use HomePod Stereo Pair
- Use Bluetooth 5.0
If you are scratching your head because you haven’t understood the above points completely, don’t worry as I’m going to explain to you all the above methods with details below. Just stick with me for a couple of minutes and then you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite music on both the Bluetooth speakers at once.
Before we move forward, I would like to tell you one important thing which you should keep in mind.
Disadvantages of connecting multiple Bluetooth speakers at once
“Although there are a lot of benefits of connecting multiple speakers to listen to music, one big disadvantage while doing this is, lag in audio signal”
If you are okay with this one, you can go ahead and play music on both your Bluetooth speakers.
Okay, let’s jump directly into the topic and see how you can connect multiple Bluetooth speakers at once.
1. Connecting Multiple Bluetooth speakers on a Samsung phone
To connect multiple Bluetooth speakers on your Samsung phone or tablet, you have to:
- Turn on Bluetooth in both of your Bluetooth speakers.
- Now connect both speakers to your Samsung device.
- Go to “Bluetooth settings” on your phone and tap on the “Advanced” option located at the top and turn on the “Dual audio” option.
- Play any music and tap on “Media” which you will find in the notification bar.
- And finally, select both speakers to play music from them.
Once you connect the Bluetooth speaker to your Samsung device, you’ll hear a confirmation tone in your speaker. Now, you can decide which speaker should have a high volume and which should have a lower volume. That’s completely up to you.
This is one of the easiest and fastest ways to connect multiple speakers on your Samsung device. You have to keep in mind that, this feature is only available on Samsung devices. It might be a coincidence If you found the same option in any other phone brand other than Samsung but I’m specifically talking about Samsung devices here.
If you don’t have a Samsung phone or tablet, don’t worry as there are alternate ways to connect multiple speakers with your phone.
2. Use the Brand’s official apps
If you want to connect multiple speakers at once on your phone, you should install the headphone manufacturer’s app on your phone and connect them.
Let’s help you understand with an example.
If you are using Bose’s Bluetooth speakers and want to connect two Bose speakers, simply install the app from the App Store and connect them.
Here’s how to connect two Bose speakers using Bose Connect app
- Connect both Bose speakers from the Bluetooth settings as usual.
- Install Bose Connect app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Open the app and tap on the “Speakers” icon.
- Finally, link both speakers by dragging them down.
And that is it. Now you have successfully linked both of your Bose speakers together and you’ll be able to play music from both the speakers.
Similar to Bose, there are many brands that offer their own apps to link both speakers and play music. Some of them are, JBL and Ultimate Ears (UE).
I hope you may have some sort of idea of how to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers using the brand’s official app.
3. Using AmpMe to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers
To connect multiple Bluetooth speakers at once, you can install the Ampme app on your Android or iOS device and connect both speakers to enjoy your favorite music.
If you don’t have a Samsung phone to use the “Dual Audio” feature or don’t have Bose speakers to connect them, there is nothing to worry about because you use the “AmpMe” app for that purpose.
No matter which brand’s speakers you are currently using right now, you can use “AmpMe” and connect multiple speakers without any issues.
Here’s how to use AmpMe to connect multiple speakers
- Open the app and sign with your Google or Facebook account.
- Now, select the media that you want to play.
- Finally, turn on your location to connect with nearby devices.
Even though this app is quite useful, however, there are a few cons too. First, you can connect to only one Bluetooth speaker at a time but you can connect with multiple phones to play music. Second, you have to purchase a weekly subscription to use their app which not everyone can afford.
If paying for this service doesn’t make sense to you, there’s nothing to be worried about. There are a few other ways to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers at once.
4. Connect multiple HomePod on iPhone
To connect multiple HomePod in your home, you have to:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone.
- Now, plug both of your HomePod into the power source and turn it on.
- Install the “Home” app on your iPhone if you haven’t already.
- Finally, bring your iPhone closer to both homepods.
- You’ll get the setup screen automatically and you just have to follow the instructions to connect homepods.
If you are someone who has multiple iPhones and a couple of HomePod, then you can easily connect both HomePod without a lot of effort.
All you need to have to do is, turn on Bluetooth in your phone as well as the HomePod and take your phone a little closer to those HomePod and it’ll be connected in a minute or so.
You should keep in mind that this method only works with HomePod and iPhones with iOS 11.4 or later. If you don’t have any HomePod or If you have an older iPhone which has a lower version than iOS 11.4, then you won’t be able to perform this method.
You’ll have to find any other way to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers on your iPhone.
5. Connect Multiple Bluetooth Speakers using Bluetooth 5.0
If you have a smartphone and Bluetooth speaker with Bluetooth 5.0, then you’ll easily find an option to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers by default.
Bluetooth 5.0 was launched the late 2016 and since then a lot of phone manufacturers offers their devices with Bluetooth 5.0 as it is advanced and packed with more features.
Apart from connecting multiple devices like Bluetooth speakers on Bluetooth 5.0, you’ll find many exciting features such as:
- Lower power consumption and longer battery life.
- Faster speeds up to 2 Mbps.
- The device can be connected up to 240 meters.
Some of the popular smartphones with Apple iPhone 13, Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, OnePlus 10 Pro, etc. You can easily find out which version of Bluetooth you have on your device by taking a look at the specs sheet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How many Bluetooth speakers can I connect at once on a Samsung phone?
You can connect a maximum of two Bluetooth speakers on your Samsung device by using the “Dual Audio” feature from the Bluetooth settings. This is an exclusive feature only available on Samsung devices.
2. Is AmpMe free to use?
No, AmpMe isn’t free at all. You have to get a weekly subscription in order to use AmpMe to stream and host multiple Bluetooth speakers at once. If you don’t want to pay, you can go for the trial version of AmpMe for 3 days and check if it is worth your money.
3. How do I play music on multiple speakers on my iPhone?
You can only play music on multiple speakers via your iPhone If you own a HomePod. If you have Bluetooth speakers from any other brand, you won’t be able to connect multiple speakers on your iPhone.
4. Can two Bluetooth speakers play at once Windows 10?
Yes, you can easily connect two Bluetooth speakers at once to your Windows 10 computer. All you have to do is, check whether it is Bluetooth version 5 or later. To check the Bluetooth version on your Windows 10 PC, just go to “Control Panel > Device Manager > Bluetooth > Bluetooth adapter > Properties > Advanced > LMP”.
If the LMP value is 9 or more, it means your PC has Bluetooth 5.0 or later and you’ll abe to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers by default without any issues.
Connecting multiple Bluetooth speakers on your smartphone or computer isn’t a big deal. There are many easy ways to do that like using official apps of the speaker’s manufacturer, via Bluetooth 5.0, AmpMe app, or by getting HomePod to connect via iPhone. I hope this short post was helpful to you about connecting multiple Bluetooth speakers at once. If you have any questions on this topic, do let me know in the comments and I’ll get back to you very soon. Thanks!
- Will Volume On TV Work For Speakers Connected To TV?
- How To Turn Off Your Bose 700 Headphones | Quick Method
- How To Connect External Speakers To LG TV? [3-Step Process]
- Can You Use Coax As A Speaker Cable? [5 Methods]
- WHAT ARE THE WAYS TO CONNECT 4 SPEAKERS TO A 2 CHANNEL AMP DIAGRAM?
- How to Make All Speakers Work on Surround Sound?